Moongirlpaula (I'm a Na'vi native)

Moongirlpaula (I'm a Na'vi native)
I'm a bit different from other people

Friday, June 25, 2010

Moongirl - In Hindsight - 26-6-10

When I woke this morning at about 1.30am, there was a deathly silence echoing in my ears. Posse, my dog, had retreated to the ensuite bathroom. I found him trying to blend in with the black and white floor tiles in the corner of the room. It was like looking at one of those magic pictures with all the dots. At first you only see dots, but after squinting you see the actual picture in the dots. I squinted and there he was, Posse, hidden in the dots. That’s where he went when a thunder storm was on the way. They terrified him. I checked through the bedroom window and spotted a distant flash of lighting. He always knew long before me that a storm was coming.

Later this morning Posse stayed safely hidden in the black and white maze of the checkered ensuite bathroom floor, whilst I went about my housework. It was one of those quiet mornings, that is, except for the occasional crack of lightning and the distant roar of thunder. ....
I could see the familiar white car parked further down the street, the car with the man who sat watching me, day in and day out. The usual fast food wrappers lay clogging up the gutters beside his car, which indicated to me, he had been there all night. He had been watching me all night. That infuriated me. I wanted him to go. I wanted him dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment